Recipes - Mini Saltimboccas
Saltimbocca means “jump in your mouth,” and these miniature versions of the Italian classic certainly will.
Makes about 18 appetizers
- 1 (8-ounce) package Applegate Organic Gluten-Free Chicken Nuggets or Applegate Organic Chicken Nuggets
- 3 to 4 slices Applegate Natural Provolone, cut into pieces
- 3 to 4 slices Applegate Natural Prosciutto, cut into pieces
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh sage leaves
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Spread the chicken nuggets on a sheet pan and bake for 6 minutes. Remove pan from the oven and carefully flip each nugget over.
- Lay a piece of provolone over each nugget, followed by a piece of prosciutto.
- Return pan to the oven and bake until cheese is melted, prosciutto is golden and nuggets are hot, 6–7 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and arrange the nuggets on a serving plate. Sprinkle the chopped sage over the nuggets and serve immediately.
Print This Recipe