Recipes - Lentil Soup (with Kale & Organic Sausage)
Make sure to add extra time to savor this amazing, tasty lentil soup!
Serves 2 - 4
- Heat oil in a large heavy pot over medium-high heat. (And now, just like those old arithmetic books, it's all about addition ...)
- Add sausage, stirring occasionally until browned.
- Add onion and carrot and sauté until softened.
- Add garlic and stir until fragrant (about 20 seconds), being careful not to burn it.
- Add chicken broth, scraping up any browned bits on the bottom of the pot.
- Add lentils and tomato paste, lower heat and simmer, covered, for about 40 minutes.
- Add greens and simmer (about 5 minutes), uncovered, until greens and lentils are tender.
- Add balsamic vinegar and season to taste with salt and pepper.
Print This Recipe