Not that we're trying to tell you what to do, but …
Why not make a double batch of this savory spread to keep in your fridge? It will be “money in the bank.” You can spread it on crackers or little toasts and serve them as hors d'oeuvres or accompaniments with a big bowl of soup.
- 1 bunch watercress, stems trimmed; leaves finely chopped
- A handful of fresh chives, finely chopped
- ¼ lb. good blue cheese, at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons butter, at room temperature
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 7-oz. package Applegate Organic Roasted Chicken or Applegate Organic Roasted Turkey Breast
- Rustic walnut bread or thinly sliced white bread with the crust removed
- Watercress leaves for garnish
Printable Shopping List
- Mash together the chopped watercress, chives, blue cheese, and butter together in a small bowl.
- Season to your taste with salt and pepper. (The cheese may be salty enough, so taste before adding salt.)
- Spread the mixture on slices.
Print This Recipe