Garlicky Broccoli and Prosciutto Salad
This colorful, crunchy, bold salad is adapted from a recipe by cookbook author Melissa Clark. As the raw broccoli “cures” under a shower of hot, garlicky oil, it becomes bright green and softens just enough. The addition of prosciutto, roasted red peppers and onions helps make this a light, Whole30-approved meal all on its own. The salad should sit for one hour before serving, though it can also be made two days ahead and refrigerated.
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1½ pounds broccoli crowns, cut into florets
- 2 ounces Applegate Naturals®
Prosciutto, thinly sliced
- ½ small red onion, thinly sliced
- ½ cup roasted red peppers, sliced
- 2 tablespoons capers, coarsely chopped
- ½ cup olive oil
- 4 plump garlic cloves, finely chopped
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, or to taste
- Stir together the vinegar and salt in a large bowl until salt is dissolved. Add the broccoli and toss well to coat.
- Add the prosciutto, onion, roasted red peppers and capers to the broccoli and toss well.
- Heat the oil in a small skillet until hot but not smoking. Add the garlic and red pepper flakes and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Remove from the heat and pour immediately over the broccoli mixture. Toss well.
- Let sit at room temperature for 1 hour before serving.