Thanks to Bryan M. from Pennsylvania, who won the Applegate 2010 Recipe Challenge for providing this scrumptious recipe for “Fiesta Potato Salad.”
- 3 lbs. Yukon gold potatoes
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 cups carrots, grated
- 2 cups celery, finely diced
- 1 small red bell pepper, finely diced
- 1 small yellow bell pepper, finely diced
- 2 large cucumbers, sliced
- 2 cups sweet onion, finely diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 bunch scallions, chopped
- 1 ½ cups plain fat free Greek-style yogurt
- ½ cup real mayonnaise
- ½ cup Dijon mustard
- ½ lb. Applegate Natural Sunday Bacon
- Salt, pepper, and thyme to taste
Printable Shopping List
- Boil potatoes with bay leaf until barely tender, and then allow to cool.
- Discard bay leaf.
- Pan fry Applegate Natural Sunday Bacon until cooked crisp.
- Meanwhile, combine yogurt, mayonnaise, mustard, thyme, garlic, salt and pepper, stir together.
- Chop scallions and bacon, set aside.
- Combine cooled potatoes, onion, celery, carrots, cucumbers, and bell peppers together.
- Gently fold in yogurt mixture to coat.
- Chill for 4 or more hours to combine flavors, top with scallions and bacon and serve.
We think it's the Sunday bacon that brings that extra zing to Bryan's potato salad … or maybe the scallions … the peppers? Well, whichever it is you will be surprised at just how amazing potato salad can be.
Print This Recipe