Recipes - Chinese Crispy Chicken Salad with Sesame Dressing
Chockfull of crunchy vegetables and crisp chicken, this salad makes a satisfying dinner any time of year.
Serves 4 to 6
- 6 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 (8-ounce) packages Applegate Organic Chicken Strips
- ½ pound sugar snap peas, trimmed
- 1 pound napa cabbage, chopped
- 1 pound romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1 small bunch celery ribs, thinly sliced on the diagonal
- 1 small (12 ounces) jicama, peeled and cut into matchsticks
- 1 bunch scallions, trimmed and thinly sliced on the diagonal
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- Place all the ingredients in a large jar, seal tightly, and shake to combine.
- Taste and adjust the seasonings.
- Set aside while you assemble the salad.
- Cook the chicken tenders according to package instructions, preferably in the oven.
- Remove from the oven, and slice chicken tenders into ¾-inch-thick pieces.
- While the chicken is in the oven, cook the snap peas in a small pot of boiling water for 1 minute.
- Drain and run under cold running water until cool.
- Drain well and pat dry with paper towels. Thinly slice the snap peas on the diagonal.
- Put the chopped cabbage and romaine into a large salad bowl.
- Top with the celery, jicama, scallions, snap peas, and chicken.
- Shake the dressing jar to recombine the ingredients, then pour some of the dressing over the salad.
- Toss gently and garnish with the toasted sesame seeds.
- Serve the remaining dressing on the side.
Print This Recipe