Recipes - Chicken Sausage and Waffles with Maple Butter
Serves 2 to 4
Think of this as a little play on that classic Southern dish, fried chicken and waffles. Once you see how easy it is to make homemade maple butter, you’ll want to always have it in the fridge, ready to spread on toast or pancakes.
- ½ cup (8 tablespoons) European-style salted butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 (7-ounce) package Applegate Natural Chicken & Maple Breakfast Sausage Patties
- 12 frozen mini waffles
- To make the maple butter, beat the softened butter in a mixer until creamy and lightened. Add the maple syrup and continue to beat until incorporated. Set aside until ready to use.
- Heat the waffles in a skillet or microwave, according to package instructions.
- To serve, cut each sausage patty in half. Spread some maple butter on top of each waffle (you will have leftovers) and top with a sausage half. Serve immediately.
Print This Recipe