Serve squares of this creamy tart with icy glasses of white wine or beer. Paired with a crisp green salad, it also makes a fine dinner for four. Serves 8 to 10 as an appetizer.
• 1 (8-ounce) package Applegate Good Morning Bacon
• 2 medium onions, quartered and thinly sliced
• 1 cup ricotta
• ½ cup sour cream
• ¾ teaspoon kosher salt
• ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
• 1 pound pizza dough, either homemade or store bought
• 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
• 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chivesPrintable Shopping List
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Arrange the bacon on a 13 x 17 inch baking sheet and bake until almost crisp, 10 to 12 minutes. Transfer the bacon to a paper towel–lined plate to drain. Pour off the excess fat from the baking sheet, then use a paper towel to spread any remaining fat all over the bottom and sides of the baking sheet. This will keep the tart from sticking. Increase the oven temperature to 450°F.
- While the bacon cooks, put the onions, ricotta, sour cream, salt and pepper in a bowl and mix thoroughly. Chop the bacon into bite-sized pieces and add to the onion mixture.
- Roll and stretch the dough to fit the baking sheet. Drizzle the olive oil over the dough, then spread the onion and bacon mixture evenly over the dough. Bake until the edges of the tart are browned and crisp, about 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and cut into squares.
- Sprinkle the chopped chives over the squares and serve warm.
Print This Recipe