Minimum Education Level: Bachelors Degree
Status: Full Time
Location: Bridgewater, NJ
Under the general direction of the VP of Supply Chain, the Demand Planning Supply Chain Manager develops and executes a demand plan that will drive the supply plan to meet sales and service objectives. This individual will liaison between the commercial sales operations and supply planning teams in support of the S&OP process, as well as manage inventory and procure finished goods from contract manufacturing providers. They will collaborate with other cross functional partners in supply chain, sales, marketing, and finance teams to achieve the desired business objectives.
1. Responsible for owning forecast creation by partnering with marketing and sales teams to ensure demand consensus process delivers an agreed upon, workable, volume forecast; ensures gaps and overlaps are addressed, and scenarios are completed.
2. Develop and maintain measurable key performance indicators to ensure key company targets are being met (BIAS and MAPE). Drive continuous improvement in forecasting if improvements as needed. KPIs to be published daily, weekly and/or monthly.
3. Assemble and analyze all data pertinent to creating the sales forecast (historical sales, market trends, seasonality, promotions, and POS information).
4. Manage and facilitate the maintenance of system integrity as it relates to Demand Planning and Forecasting, working with counterparts in other departments to ensure information is exchanged accurately and timely.
5. Proactive supply-demand matching to ensure delivery, order and inventory KPI target fulfillment.
6. Execute integral supply planning and order management within the sales and operation planning process as direct interface to contract manufacturing, sales, marketing, raw supply and finance.
7. Identify overstock & spoiled inventory; initiate actions to mitigate exposure and prevent recreation.
8. Assess and adjust target inventory levels, safety stock and cycle stock.
9. Evolve and maintain documentation and standard operating procedures for demand planning processes and systems while educating cross functional partners.
10. Assess and utilize best methods (statistical models and software tools) in creating forecasts.
11. Provide planning support with the preparation of long range capacity analysis in support of the annual budget process.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain, Business Administration, Accounting or another analytical field preferred or equivalent experience. MBA is preferred.
• 5 – 8 years’ experience in a demand planning role with S&OP accountability
• Strong working knowledge of demand planning process within Consumer Packaged Goods Industry, particularly in a short shelf life environment
• Experience using Demand Solutions software (preferred), SAP or other ERP software packages
• High drive for results and willing to work in a demanding & rapid paced environment
• Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
• Excellent analytical, follow-up, and attention to detail skills
• Ability to work autonomously across functions to meet deadlines and drive tasks to completion
• Proficient in Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel and PowerPoint). Microsoft Outlook experience preferred
• Constant computer work
• Frequent analysis
• Open office environment