Minimum Education Level: Bachelors Degree
Status: Full Time
Location: Bridgewater, NJ
Under the supervision of the Supervisor of Accounting Services, the Accounting Services Assistant supports the Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable functions.
1. Proactively manage the customer accounts assigned and minimize the amount of delinquent account balances.
• Process customer cash receipts daily. Record and resolve all short payments, charge backs, returns, trade promotions and NSF checks. Enter and post authorized deductions in a timely manner. Resolve unauthorized customer deductions and discrepancies through research and interaction with customer and internal company contacts.
• Obtain and mail invoice copies for customers, as requested.
• Conduct collection calls/e-mail to customer on a daily basis.
• Call and/or e-mail correspondence to customers as necessary in order to update accounts.
• Responsible to reach and maintain Accounts Receivable metrics results on assigned customer accounts.
2. Assist Accounts Payable with the coordination and processing of freight and other vendor invoices.
3. Perform general clerical duties, as assigned, to include but not limited to, filing, mail distribution, office supplies ordering, coordinate meetings, department events and maintain department calendar.
4. Assist Finance Department with reporting and accounting issues and participate in financial projects and initiatives as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or equivalent work experience in Accounts Receivable capacity
• 1 year of experience in Accounting
• Exceptional attention to detail, and accuracy
• Solid communication skills (both written and verbal) to respond appropriately to client inquiries
• Past experience with collecting payments on invoices
• High proficiency in MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook)
• Office Environment
• Constant attention to details and reviewing of invoices/reports
• Constant use of computer