Senior Regional Sales Manager
Relevant Work Experience:
Minimum Education Level:
Under the general direction of the Director of Regional Sales and with the support of the Sales Strategy Team, the Senior Regional Sales Managers key accountability is to effectively and efficiently increase the distribution and sales of Applegate in the assigned territory, and to effectively increase the productivity of area Sales team members. (Retail analytical support, Broker support, HQ prep and assist, Distributor management)
1. Achieve quarterly and annual distribution, revenue, new item, budget & profit objectives for your assigned region. Provide monthly sales reports, monthly expense reports, and any assigned reports to Director of Regional Sales in a timely manner.
2. Maintain consistent contact and provide sales and service to all customers (retailers, brokers and distributors) in specific assigned region. Make regularly scheduled sales calls on all major customers within your region. (customer reviews, new item presentation, retail inspection)
3. Effectively assist the development of Sales team members as evidenced by consistent high performance against objectives and competition. Provide best practice coaching with analytical tools including the training of those tools in order for colleagues to improve results.
4. Manage the broker network in your region with support from the Director of Regional Sales. Educate, motivate and monitor the broker sales force. Convey all company directives, objectives, philosophy, and selling points of products, budgetary constraints and how to most effectively merchandise the products. Work with broker sales force in training sessions, market tours, store sets/resets, sales calls and shows.
5. Responsible for managing quarterly/annual sales budgets by sku and trade spending for all brands and objectives within your region. Monitor business conditions to keep expenditures in line up with volume. Develop sales programs to drive incremental volume or new distribution. Keep up-to-date on budgetary goals, work with Sales Strategy regarding trade spending, slotting, etc.
6. Utilize syndicated data to identify sales opportunities in designated area. Assess market conditions and identify areas of improvement. Utilize internal sales programs for performance and budgeting. Track and report on these numbers along with competitive activity on sales calls to SRSM, Retail Brokers and Sales Strategy.
7. Work closely with Demand Planner to ensure an optimal balance of customer service and warehouse inventory. Using information from data analysis, promotions, budgets and objectives, assist Demand Planner in developing forecasts by item/by account/by month
8. Educate the distributor sales force through table top shows, work with their sales managers to convey company objectives, and set up sales programs with the buyers utilizing promotional windows and trade funds which also helps with forecasting figures for production. Perform store sets/resets with field reps and go on sales calls with the account managers in order to more efficiently execute speed to shelf.
9. Work with the category analyst and the Sales Strategy Managers to develop effective presentations that outline current market conditions, market trends, customer needs and our competitive advantages.
10. Assist the Director of Regional Sales with promotional ideas to increase business within the region.
11. Work with Sales Strategy to develop annual customer plans designed to expand distribution and accelerate profit and growth.
12. Keep abreast of brand philosophy and objectives. Know priority skus, selling points, competitive advantages, and merchandising standards and tools available to help sell the products.
13. Implement all tracking/reporting tools, in conjunction with Finance, Customer Service, etc.
14. Attend trade shows as required to benefit the business.
15. Perform other regional sales manager duties as may be required.
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
• 5 years of experience as a Regional Sales Manager in a consumer packaged goods industry
• Documented successful key accounts sales and sales management track record
• Excellent sales skills with the ability to make persuasive presentations and close sales.
• A “can do/what else can I do" attitude with the ability to get things done.
• Ability to travel
• Experience managing budgets to include P&L responsibilities.
• Strong organizational and follow through skills
• Team collaborating and influencing skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills (both verbal & written)
• Ability to motivate and gain cooperation from others
• Strong analytical skills
• Proficient in the use and interpretation of syndicated data
• Effective written and oral communicator
• Technical system expereince and proficiency requred—Excel, Word, PPT, MEI, CUBE, Nielsen, Spins, Outlook, Lync.
• 40% Travel required.
• *This individual will need to manage their time whether in the corporate office or from a mobile office.
• Constant talking, walking and typing required
Broker partners, no direct, indirect leadership