Under the general direction of the Director of Product Management, responsible for leading the development and execution of product plans and innovation strategy for assigned product lines. This includes management of the product line-up, packaging, pricing, channel management, and promotion.
1. Develop Innovation strategy and multi-year new product roadmap for white space (non-existing business) innovations that are consumer and customer-driven.
2. Build marketing strategies and tactics for product lines that support company objectives and priorities and support the overall brand positioning.
3. Lead cross-functional teams to ensure alignment and timely execution of all new and existing product and packaging driven initiatives.
4. Lead brand planning process for the portfolio with guidance from Director and VP Marketing.
5. Responsible for Special Projects assigned by Dir and VP Marketing
6. Identify and address actionable consumer insights and product gaps through market research and retail analysis.
7. Develop and maintain product line forecasts. Provide regular business updates on performance vs. plan, and make necessary adjustments to deliver against initial plan commitments.
8. Responsible for improving gross margins without sacrificing product quality or company values.
9. Ability to recruit, manage and grow direct reports.
• Bachelors degree in Business/Marketing; MBA preferred.
• 4-7 years experience with product/brand management in a consumer packaged goods industry. Natural or Organic Food experience strongly preferred.
• Strong product portfolio management skills; experience with new product process/management a plus.
• Demonstrated strategic thinking and financial analysis skills.
• Ability to draft strategic business plans independently.
• Proven financial acumen as it relates to P&L/margin and pricing fundamentals.
• Strong communication skills both verbal and written.
• Ability to work collaboratively and cross functionally.
• Demonstrated ability to prioritize, manage multiple projects, and meet deadlines.
• Must exhibit a passion for food and the company’s mission to “Change the Meat We Eat”.
• Small, fast pace, socially responsible, and entrepreneurial environment
• Constant attention to detail
• Travel – 10% -20%