1. Maintain consistent contact and provide sales and service to all customers (retailers, brokers and distributors) in specific assigned region. Make regularly scheduled sales calls on all major customers within your region.
2. Achieve quarterly and annual sales revenue numbers, budget & profit goals for your assigned region. Provide monthly sales reports, monthly expense reports, and any assigned reports to National Sales Manager (or Director of Regional Sales as applicable) in a timely manner.
3. Manage the broker network in your region with support from the Director of Regional Sales. Educate, motivate and monitor the broker sales force. Convey all company directives, objectives, philosophy, selling points of products, budgetary constraints and how to most effectively merchandise the products. Work with broker sales force in training sessions, market tours, store sets/resets, sales calls and shows.
4. Responsible for managing quarterly/annual sales budgets by sku and trade spending for all brands and objectives within your region. Monitor business conditions to keep expenditures in line up with volume. Develop sales programs to drive incremental volume or new distribution. Keep up-to-date on budgetary goals, work with Sales Strategy regarding trade spending, slotting, etc.
5. Utilize syndicated data to identify sales opportunities in designated area. Assess market conditions and identify areas of improvement. Utilize internal sales programs for performance and budgeting. Track and report on these numbers along with competitive activity on sales calls to SRSM, Retail Brokers and Sales Strategy.
6. Work closely with Demand Planner to ensure an optimal balance of customer service and warehouse inventory. Using information from data analysis, promotions, budgets and objectives, assist Demand Planner in developing forecasts by item/by account/by month.
7. Educate the distributor sales force through table top shows, work with their sales managers to convey company objectives, and set up sales programs with the buyers utilizing promotional windows and mdf, which also helps with forecasting figures for production. Perform store sets/resets with field reps and go on sales calls with the account managers in order to more efficiently execute speed to shelf.
8. Work with the category analyst and the Sales Strategy Managers to develop effective presentations that outline current market conditions, market trends, customer needs and our competitive advantages.
9. Assist the Director of Regional Sales with promotional ideas to increase business within the region.
10. Work with Sales Strategy to develop annual customer plans designed to expand distribution and accelerate profit and growth.
11. Keep abreast of brand philosophy and objectives. Know priority skus, selling points, competitive advantages, and merchandising standards and tools available to help sell the products.
12. Implement all tracking/reporting tools, in conjunction with Finance, Customer Service, etc.
Other Responsibilities Include:
13. Attend trade shows as required to benefit the business.
14. Perform other regional manager duties as may be required.