Raw Supply Inventory Manager
Relevant Work Experience:
Minimum Education Level:
Summary: Under the general direction of the Raw Supply Manager, the Raw Supply Inventory Manager oversees raw supply inventory, purchases and shipments while ensuring accuracy and transparency of inventory levels and raw supply inventory safety stock target information. The positon is responsible for all aspects of raw frozen inventory management including creating processes, relationships, reporting, and other key areas to manage adequate supply levels while mitigating product loss.
1. Responsible for the relationship management and day-to-day operations of the cold storage facilities used for raw supply. Develop procedures and processes that ensure efficient workflow of supply and scheduling.
2. Develop, implement, and ensure departmental Key Performance Indices (KPI) and manage communication of KPIs to organization.
3. Work with Raw Supply team to manage weekly raw needs and oversee deliveries of needed raw supplies from cold storage based on co-packers’ requirements and suppliers’ constraints.
4. Develop automated solutions, while working cross functionally for cost tracking, cold storage facility communications, and forecasting tools for projecting inventory volume and age projections.
5. Ensure cold storage facility contract accuracy through a review, tracking, and reporting process on performance including raw usage vs. availability. Present findings regularly.
6. Ensure up to date communication with cold storage facilities, co-packers and raw suppliers regarding weekly order discrepancies, out of specification materials, cost changes or supply interruptions.
7. Manage along with Quality Assurance the new supplier approval processes, raw supply set up, accurate raw supply specifications and product deficiencies as it relates to cold storage facilities.
8. Working with Quality Assurance, ensure cold storage facilities comply with all Quality Assurance programs
9. Responsible for managing the frozen inventory levels located within Suppliers’ and Co-packers facilities as well as Applegate raw inventory, by sku and by target quantity and dollar value holding levels.
10. Develop yield tracking data and goals for yield loss at cold storage. Track yield changes by suppler and cold storage. Track yield outcome at co-processor by supplier and cold storage.
11. Maintain Weekly tracker with regard to Dating on all Frozen Inventory in the Supply Chain. Set-up notification process where-by at risk product will be utilized within determined parameters in compliance with FG Specs to minimize or negate loss associated with raw materials that have been stored past last use dates.
12. Develop in depth reporting and analysis tools to properly showcase information to the business to drive business decisions.
13. Manage costing analyses for changes in raw supply and the potential impact to finished goods.
14. Keeps abreast of up to date freezing and thawing technologies and ensures that Applegate is taking advantage of the best fit process for our supply chain needs.
15. Will be responsible for directly or indirectly processing paperwork and documents associated with raw supply inventory management, including but not limited to: reconciling frozen inventories, receiving all raw into warehouses, tracking pack dates on raw to warehouses, setting up tempering schedule, setting up delivery schedules to co-packers, reconciling purchase orders to bill of ladings to invoices, setting up other invoices warehouse, importing, pallets, storage
• Bachelor Degree or equivalent work experience
• 5-7 Years’ experience in supply chain inventory management(fresh and frozen)meat or perishable foods inventory management highly preferred)
• 2-4 years supervisory experience (highly preferred)
• Excellent attention to detail and follow through skills
• Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
• Strong quantitative analysis skills
• Ability to adhere to deadlines
• Ability to work independently and with cross-functional teams
• Ability to follow projects from development through implementation
• Self-motivated, fast learner, willing to research areas or tasks that are unfamiliar
• Proficient in Lotus Notes and Microsoft Office Applications; Word and PowerPoint
• Advanced-proficient in Excel : Familiarity with using v-lookup, conditional statements, formulas and calculations
• Office environment
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, talk and/or hear. The employee will also constantly view computer screens, excel sheets and other computer programs.
• Travel up to 35%