Under the general direction of the Quality Assurance Manager responsible for the day-to-day Quality Assurance activities at the Distribution Center.
1. Responsible for implementing the goals, standards and objectives of the QA department which supports Applegate’s annual key results and barn charters.
2. Responsible for verifying the products and the written specifications upon arrival to the distribution center. Follow internal procedures for proper documentation on incoming inspections.
3. Assist distribution center and production employees within the work function that oversees Applegate product inventory and quality procedures.
4. Ensures a safe work habit in the warehousing area at all times.
5. Using excellent customer service skills. Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with vendors, other employees, officials, and all those contacted during working hours.
6. Responsible for prioritizing, organizing, planning, and scheduling the daily work assignments of the Quality Assurance programs.
7. Work closely with fulfillment, vendors and warehouse staff departments to assure that AG products reflect actual needs and are in accordance with standards and specifications. Perform customer return inspection reports.
8. Must keep management and vendors fully and timely informed of pertinent activities that affect the product quality at both shipping and receiving.
9. Provide data on product dispositions, sku verification, and operation as needed for the department meetings and divisional feedback.
10. Work as effective team member in long term department projects and goals. Contribute to process improvement and longer term enhancements with Quality Assurance priorities.
11. Recommends the inventory adjustments and changes to appropriate distribution center employees and other in-house personnel as needed.
12. Daily data entry and analysis on Quality assurance product tracking and inspection programs. Contribute to the feedback on vendor reports and performance scores.
13. Working in and around a product receiving/shipping dock, warehouse cold storage and production area.
14. Responsible for maintaining thorough knowledge of system tracking reports and the facility mapped product storage areas. Assist in mock/recall activities.
15. Responsible for maintaining considerable knowledge of vendors, sku specifications, receiving procedures and schedules associated with perishable supplies.
16. As needed, train new and existing team members on written programs and/or new systems
• High school Diploma or equivalent work experience.
• 2 to 5 years experience in Quality Assurance field.
• Distribution/Warehouse experience highly preferred.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Proven documentation skills.
• Ability to work cross functionally.
• Excellent follow through skills.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office applications; Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
• Proficiency in Lotus Notes highly preferred.
• Ability to occasionally lift 50lbs.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
• Ability to perform and work in a 0 to 40 degrees Fahrenheit temperature warehouse environment.
• Ability to frequently sit, talk, hear, and walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms.
• Some travel is required. (approximately 20%)