Under the direction of the Quality Assurance Systems Supervisor, the Quality Assurance Systems Coordinator will document and oversee analytical data pertaining to co-packer and supplier compliance agreements. The Applegate food safety and quality program and written product specification are continuously validated for Applegate requirements by the Coordinator during documentation review. The Quality Assurance Systems Coordinator is responsible for improving procedures for complaint reporting processes and vendor summary reports. Additionally the position is critical to the development and organization of the department’s database and reporting systems and solutions.
1. Ensure accuracy of metrics for the vendor performance review summary processes quarterly and annually and keep team members trained on new implementation that is put in place. Oversee the vendor report card activities and continue to develop the VRC Standard Operating Procuedres (SOP) vendor performance tools.
2. Responsible for the Quality Assurance complaint and metric meeting. The slide deck reports that lead the team collaboration on product and vendor performance must be kept up to date. A primary function of the job is to coordinate the team for data assessment, discuss comparable data and goal performance numbers that include trending issues.
3. Responsible for the maintenance of the Quality Assurance key performance indicator (KPI) metric executive summary. Alert management on the executive data when not meeting the acceptable ranking.
4. Development Quality Assurance data warehouse and Cube to maximize utilization of reporting metrics for Quality Assurance department as needed. Ensure metrics can be used to satisfy needs of the vendor performance reviews, complaint tracking, crisis management, and weekly dashboard.
5. Ensure the Quality Assurance weekly performance numbers and report details are correct by verifying the SharePoint Dashboard system generation delivers accurate information to the company.
6. Report to Quality Assurance Supervisor and Management when vendors are out of compliance during VRC preparation. Advice the QA Management team when the vendors performance scores are unsatisfactory and when vendor Corrective Action Responses (CAP) for food safety does not meet the Applegate standard.
7. Responsible for product reporting system development and enhancement that ensure Applegate’s product improvement objective. System development includes; new product category development, trending data analysis, and the systems over all ability to deliver quick answers.
8. Oversee the customer credits and verify reason codes of quality complaints, and all aspects of customer solutions including the weekly and monthly reporting accuracy. Manage the reporting and tracking of product problems in the event of crisis management and risk prevention.
9. Continuous development of ERP/Dax customer complaint communication database and procedures regarding Sales product quality problems. Establish cross departmental relations with customer operations team by supplying product disposition feedback.
10. Oversee food incident report (FIR) program and vendor responses improvement initiative. Oversee web portal services are working properly and guide the setup of new vendor accounts and distribution of FIR guidelines.
11. Responsible for the Quality Assurance complaint database. Analyze and supply feedback to Applegate QA managers and vendor on out of compliance products and food safety issues.
12. Continuously improve and training best practices for reporting product quality issues from Applegate internal teams.
13. Asist the product evaluation team process and document the findings in the reporting database for customer complaints and solutions. Support the improvement opportunities while optimizing the product tasting product evaluations.
14. Assist with different departments product development work such as product lab request, purchasing requisition into DAX, sensory testing on new and existing products, and product evaluation on reported issues.
15. Develop automated reporting of Quality Assurance metrics/dashboard program.
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience.
• 1-2 years of Quality Assurance or Finance/Accounting background.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Highly proficient in excel/pivot charts; analytical skills with complex data reporting, qualitative and quantitative assessments.
• Knowledge or experience with product specifications preferred.
• Position requires excellent attention to detail and self-management skills.
• Proven ability to adhere to deadlines.
• Proven track record of organizational and follow-through skills.
• Proven data entry and attention to detail skills
• Capable of maintaining professional, respectful relationship with both internal and external vendors and employees.
• Ability to work independently and with cross-functional teams.
• Strong Microsoft office suite (Word, Excel and PPT); lotus notes preferred.
• Office environment with less than 5% travel.
• Constant computer work.
• Constant cross functional, verbal communication.