Under the direction of the Senior Manager of Infrastructure, provides operational and technical support to computer users and interacts with external suppliers of technology. The incumbent will install, diagnose and configure personal computers, printers and peripheral equipment, assist with capacity planning for computers and networks, provide support to clients and resolve issues ensuring system/data integrity is maintained. The incumbent owns an issue from the initial submission through final resolution proactively identifies improvement opportunities in client environments.
1. Provide tier one/two support for both in-house and remote workers throughout the US.
2. Confers with end users, technology teams, and vendors to resolve incidents and fulfill requests. Ability to work independently or via a team collaboration process. Experience providing support via in-person, phone, or remote methods.
3. Follow up with customers, walk them through problem solving process and see problems through to resolution, including proper recording, documentation and closure.
4. Deploy new user set ups and streamline new user implementation process.
5. Build/maintain laptop and desktop computers. Test varying computer equipment.
6. Install, upgrade and maintain all desktop applications.
7. Maintain an automated, consistent process for configuring and deploying client operating systems and software/apps.
8. Confer with and assist users and IT professionals in resolving complex procedural, operational, and technical problems; identify solutions and/or make appropriate referrals.
9. Track, route and redirect problems to correct resources.
10. Recommended procedure modifications or improvements.
11. Manage small projects such as (OS Deployments, Application Deployments, and Encryption for laptops.)
12. Create / Update Application packages and OS images on a quarterly basis.
13. Ensure asset management database is updated.
14. Initial troubleshooting of network / internet connectivity issues.
15. Plan and undertake scheduled maintenance upgrades.
16. Investigate, diagnose and solve computer software and hardware faults.
17. Train new users on computer basics and core application suites.
• College Degree or equivalent work experience.
• 2-4 years’ experience in a customer support role supporting remote and local user’s.
• Proven working experience in providing help desk support.
• Ability to demonstrate attention to detail.
• Experience with Microsoft Windows desktop operating systems, Microsoft Windows server operating systems and Active Directory.
• Experience with Apple operating systems. (El Captain, Sierra)
• Ability to present technical information to a non-technical audience.
• Excellent customer service, communication both oral/written and follow through skills.
• Working knowledge of help desk software, databases and remote control.
• Advanced troubleshooting and multi-tasking skills.
• Good understanding of Application Packaging and OS Imaging.
• Constant computer usage.
• Provide off hours support to employee’s.
• Occasional lifting/moving of computer equipment, including laptops, desktops, monitors, and printers.