Under the direction of the Senior Consumer Relations Supervisor, the Consumer Relations Specialist facilitates consumer engagement and provides exceptional customer service via phone, e-mail, Live Chat and Applegate’s various social media channels.
1. Responsible for accurately communicating daily with consumers, providing excellent customer service and follow-up via phone, e-mail, Live Chat and Applegate’s social media channels (including, but not limited to, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram).
2. Respond to consumer communication in a courteous, personable, knowledgeable and professional manner. Resolve concerns by providing accurate product information in a timely manner.
3. Diplomatically and effectively respond to high priority consumer inquiries and complaints which may include; severe ingredient allergies or sensitivities, general product and packaging feedback.
4. Ensure that all relevant complaints have quality assurance logs submitted in a timely fashion. Keep abreast of product and production practices through internal documents and website help center.
5. Record basic call content for reporting purposes.
6. Meet or exceed service level expectations for call quality, accuracy and timeliness.
7. Maintain and ensure accuracy of databases supporting the website (i.e. product locator, product reviews, etc.).
8. Perform digital and consumer relations duties and administrative functions as needed (i.e. coupon distribution, contest fulfilment, and other duties related to digital & social media)
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
• Two years’ experience in providing excellent customer service over the phone.
• Proven experience dealing with difficult customer situations.
• Proven experience relaying product and/or service information to customers preferred.
• Proven experience performing customer service on social media channels (Facebook, Twitter and Instagram).
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office tools, specifically Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
• Exceptional attention to detail and follow through.
• Excellent interpersonal skills (both written and verbal).
• Excellent written and verbal communication.
• Ability to positively represent the Applegate Brand through a friendly tone, responsiveness, accuracy and transparency.
• Possess a passion for the organic and natural products industry highly preferred.
• Ability to work in an open office, fast paced environment with frequent distractions and interruptions.
• Ability to frequently answer phone calls and relay (both verbal and written) product information to consumers.
• Ability to sit and work at computer 90-100% of the time.