Under the direction of the Supervisor of Accounting Services, the Accounts Payable Coordinator is responsible for matching invoices to purchase orders, prepare for payment, assisting in Month End tasks and special projects.
1. Responsible for reviewing invoices for proper vendor, address, amount (checking all calculations) and sales tax. Match invoice with approved PO or forward to proper personal for approval. Resolve invoice discrepancies. Enter invoice after approvals are obtained.
2. Process invoices-Code expenditure to proper general ledger account code and enter detail invoice information into AP system.
3. Receive, review, research, and reconcile all incoming vendor and freight invoices prior to processing.
4. Prepare and process A/P checks, wire transfers, ACH payments and bank collection documents.
5. Assist vendors in research and reconciliation of account statements. Handle phone calls/discrepancies.
6. Responsible for maintaining vendor database and determining 1099 status. Prepare and file 1099 Forms as needed. Control and maintain the A/P filing system. Make sure Certificate of Insurance from suppliers, vendors and trucking company are current.
7. Identify opportunities to streamline accounts payable data and processes.
8. Assist non-finance departments with reporting and accounting issues and participate in financial projects and initiatives as assigned.
9. Prepare month end supporting schedules and perform related account analyses. Assist month end closing and annual audit.
10. Responsible for office supplies ordering.
Other Responsibilities Include:
11. Perform other accounts payable functions as necessary.
• Bachelors Degree or equivalent work experience.
• 1-3 years of experience in Accounts Payable function within an accounting group.
• Accounts Payable processing experience within a consumer packaged goods (CPG) of manufacturing environment strongly preferred.
• Experience using an automated expense system is preferred. (i.e. Concur)
• Excellent communications skills. (Both written and oral)
• Excellent attention to detail.
• Ability to meet deadlines.
• Ability to work cross functionally in a team environment.
• Ability to keep information confidential.
• Proficient in Microsoft office suite. (Word, Excel, PPT); and DAX experience.